Monday, March 14, 2011

My New Companion

Since I decided to start taking my camera everywhere with me, I had bought a bigger purse to carry it in. This was really starting to weigh on me though. I have been searching on Etsy for the bag I wanted. I found this Deluxe DSLR Camera Lens Bag Case zipper pocket more padding - Soul Blossoms Magenta - INSTOCK

but it comes with a $85 price tag. I am still paying off the camera, I can’t afford that bag.

I was so happy when Cindy at Cameras and Chaos shared her new project yesterday.

I went to Kohl’s today (I wanted to go to TJ Maxx but it is on the other side of town). I didn’t want a purse as tall as Cindy’s because I only wanted to be able to put my camera, with lens attached, in it and have a little pocket for maybe wallet when out shopping. I mean to take it everywhere (except work). I left with this purse for only $31.65 (and $10 Kohl’s cash)DSC_0130

DSC_0129

I picked up a piece of padding for $3 and material on sale for $5 (I ended up only needing a half of yard). As I have mentioned before, I can’t sew well. So I cut out my three pieces of padding and covered them each separately, using FabricTac to seal it all up. I then used small pieces of Velcro to attach the three pieces. I love it. I didn’t even take the purse in with me to buy the fabric. DSC_0131

008

Thank you Cindy for the great idea.

2 comments:

  1. That is what I call "cool beans"!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a stylish camera bag:) I am now following you from the hop and would love a follow back
    http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...