Monday, January 24, 2011

I have glazed

I have seen all these great projects using glaze and have wanted to try it for some time. I have read several glazing 101s.

My favorite glazer is Kristi at The Speckled Dog (my Inspiration)

Miss Mustard Seed also shared a glazing tutorial as well as Brooke over at All Things Thrifty.

I downloaded and read Altardhowto. I finally got the tools to do it. I ended up getting the Ralph Lauren Faux Technique glaze because it was suggested by more than one person and since it is going off the market Home depot was selling the gallons for only $13. Can’t beat that for the size. I didn’t know until after that some Home Depots tint it for you. The one I went to doesn’t so I have mixed small amounts of it with craft paint to get the tint I want. So here is my first project.

My Creation 1st glazing

It is actually a smoky purple, but it looks a little dark. I also had made the glaze black for this color. So what does everyone think? Honest truths please. I can take it. I also have a table I finished but need the sunlight to take that picture.

I took another picture with some sun in the room to get a better feel for the color.                                                         bird

The Speckled Dog’s Glazing Link Party

5 comments:

  1. It turned out really pretty especially for a first time. I just joined the Swap Followings party and I am glad cause I found you and I am going to follow you now. I want to learn more about glazing too cause I have a booth in an antique shop and would love to do a lot of refinishing and glazing to make things more attractive...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you back Alicia! I think this turned out great! Can I ask where you got the little bird? I'm trying to find one for my cheese dome cloche but I'm not having any luck finding a bird tat will fit. No luck at Hobby Lobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alicia! I found your cute blog from over at Homemaker on a Dime. I'm a new follower! I love the glazing possibilities. It can change things to have that perfect & finished look.
    ~Mary
    www.thecraftygals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Alicia! Thanks for joining the party. My daughter loves purple and she'll surely love your blog (though she's still 9). I'm a follower now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, Alica, it's great! I've seen those birds at The Dollar Tree, but I wasn't sure how they'd turn out because of the sand on their backs. Guess I'll be trying a couple of these too.

    Make sure you come link her up to the glazing link party on my Glazing 101 post!

    Thanks for the shoutout too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...