Monday, January 17, 2011

Pottery Barn knockoff candle holders


  
 
 

I don’t usually go into stores like Pottery Barn, I can’t afford them. I never thought just to go in for inspiration. But back in October my mom had had to go to the Apple Store so I walked around the shops and went into image for the first time ever and perused image.
I fell in love with the candle holders at Pottery Barn and knew I could recreate them myself.010 I went on the hunt for all the parts. I thought I had found the perfect pieces but I didn’t like the first plate I found and used it for this 008 .
Then I ended up using the piece I bought for the base on this 006 . The wine glass in the middle is what I was going to use as a base. Oh what a mess my ribbon is. And I also have the ribbon holders I made on the side of this cabinet.
I had these two pieces as well that I couldn’t figure out how to use with a base 007. Finally one day at Hobby Lobby when glassware was 50% off, I found what I wanted.
005 
The square plate worked out perfect.
 
image                       004
Pottery Barn                                                                              Me
link button
image  image  image  image  image    image

16 comments:

  1. I love the fact that these can be easily used season/holiday after season/holiday. PB idea "sharing" is the best. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CANT AFFORD PB EITHER BUT I LOVE THE STUFF AND THIS IS SO GREAT! GOOD JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that! I've seen those candleholders at Pottery Barn but who wants to pay $30? Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you pieced together different glass items to make a knock-off candlestick that looks like the real thing. Good job!

    I'm visiting from Amanda's party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow!! Great knock-off. :) I like that you took yours and did some Valentine's themed decor! These could be easily changed out all year long. Good job! Thanks so much for linking up to my party. Hope you'll stop by Serenity Now again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job!!! How pretty!! I love making my own too!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    Visiting from Amanda's party!

    Building Home with Him,

    Mary Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Job! Good luck at American Crafters. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great- Thanks for auditioning for American Crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! I too love those PB candle sticks but find the prices ridiculous! Your versions look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You nailed it! It looks just like the PB ones.
    Thanks for joining my party :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Genius! Your candle looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable! I wanted to let you know, i've nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award. Check it out at:http://mycreativeescapes.blogspot.com/2011/02/yippy-i-won-awardstylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...