Monday, January 24, 2011

Redone Goodwill Table

I posted a week ago or so a table I found at Goodwill for $9 to try out painting and glazing on it. 002-1

Good solid wood. Great design on the legs.

I painted it a smoky purple color, I used the Behr’s premium paint that has primer in it from Home Depot. #7

I wasn’t going to put on another coat but decided to anyway and even painted the under side with one coat. Then I roughed it up around the edges and smoothed up where the paint had lumped up on the edges.

Then I took the glaze I had mixed for the bird (I mixed black craft paint in the Faux technique glaze) and did one coat of it on the table. Then when it was dry I went over the table again with just the plain glaze. At this time I have not used any poly anything on it yet.

 TableTable3Table2Table5

What does everyone think? Please be honest, I can take it. Is it good enough to sale should I decide not to keep it?

 

 

table redo

The Speckled Dog’s Glazing Link Party

image  image  image  image  image  Remodelaholic

image  image

12 comments:

  1. This turned out great. I'm your newest follower fromt the link party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute....following you through the blog swap link party...
    Have a Blessed day
    Tonja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alicia,

    I found your blog from the swap linky party and am your newest follower. :)

    I LOVE what you did with your awesome Goodwill find! It has motivated me to paint something purple! I really like the way the glaze turned out and I think you could def. sell it if you decide you don't need it.

    Great job!
    :)

    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  4. that turned out fabulous! what a great job! and for a $9 table, it can't be beat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! It looks sooo much better! I've not tried glazing on furniture yet. I'm planning to try and start working on some furniture when it warms up outside OR when we get the garage cleaned out. Whichever comes first. :-)

    Come over and link this up to the glazing link party and the last Favorite Things Friday!!

    BTW, I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute!! i just found you thru the link party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a new follower thanks to the linky party at Homemaker on a Dime :)
    I love the color of the end table! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower! Found you over at Sassy Sites T2T linky. Your table turned out fabulous! Great color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! Found your blog through the linky party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alicia! Super cute!! Great Job!

    ... Im visiting from the Party
    Im now your brand new follower and am having fun going through your blog... Would love you to check out mine at http://fabulesslycrafty.blogspot.com/ and invite you to follow along!

    Happy Crafting!
    Tara @ FabuLESSly Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the color, it really brings out the detail of the table!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I found you from the Remodelaholic link party!

    $9 are you kidding me, that looks great! You could totally sell that, but I'd keep it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...