Thursday, January 20, 2011

My First Valentine’s

To me. Winking smile

January 11, 2011

Back at the end of summer I found a lot of these little canvases on sale at Michael’s for about $0.50. 005

They are about 4x4. I then went to Goodwill and found a sheet music book. I started off by covering the canvas with a sheet of music using Mod Podge. After it was dry I cut around the edges. Then I painted the edges of the canvas with a metallic hot pink, not caring if it came over the edge on the paper. I was going to do 4 of these and put L-O-V-E on them and then somehow attach them but I had a hard time putting the music on and didn’t think it would work. I then cut out the heart on the Cricut and attached it with Mod Podge. Then covered the whole thing with a layer of Mod Podge. When it was dry I put on a layer of Mod Podge Sparkle and then another layer of Matte when the sparkle was dry. I glued on the rosette and the LOVE letters with FabricTac and decided I needed more red in the picture. I glued the red bead on the rosette and then threaded the red tulle thru the red button, tied a bow and then glued it on.

January 11, 2011

If you missed, I also used these canvases for a vintage Chinese print and for Halloween.Joy canvas    013 (3)

link button

image  image  image        image

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...