Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pretty Honeysuckle Bowl

Pantone’s Color of the Year, Honeysuckle

As you all may know I am a huge fan of Kristi at the Speckled Dog. I want to point that out as I share this bowl pedestal with you because for once I wasn’t being a copy cat. I just happened to put my pieces together after she shared how she did hers. =)

001I found this wooden bowl at Goodwill and already had the candlestick. After pulling the metal part out of the candlestick (where the candle sits) I glued the two together with my trusty Gorilla Wood Glue.002

003 Then with my Purdy brush, I painted on a coat of Folk Art’s Parisian Pink. The brush ended up being too big so I only did the one coat with it. I also switched to Folk Art’s Hot Pink for the next two coats because it looked closer to Honeysuckle.

Once the paint was all dry, I decided the pedestal needed a little bigger base so I glued another circle on the bottom with the Gorilla Glue. I painted the base Hot Pink. Then I roughed up the whole piece a little and used my black glaze mix from before. Then I sealed the whole piece.

002

003

008

There we go for my use of Pantone’s Honeysuckle, color of the year. It is very vibrant and yet refreshing.

link button

3 Meadow Lake Cottage    Craft Link parties  all crafts Handmade Projects & Parties ~ Add Yours!  Photobucket 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...