Sunday, February 6, 2011

Valentine’s “mantel”

025

January 31, 2011

Most of these projects I have shared. There are some new ones as well. 025For the love blocks I used some blocks I had leftover from my Halloween/Christmas blocks. I painted them. Glued on the sheet music then distressed the edges. I then glued on the hearts and roses and put about 3 layers of Mod Podge on them. I was cutting some vinyl for the first time and decided to use the l-o-v-e I cut out for no particular reason. I tied a ribbon around all four to hold them together.

 January 31, 2011I picked up this pink bottle at Michael’s for the intent I wanted to make it for Love Potion #9. I think I should have gotten the smaller bottle. I tried to fasten a lid for it but it has a rather large opening so it may take awhile to find the right piece as the “cork”. I cut out the pieces with vinyl. The little frame was off of the $1 aisle at Michaels during Christmas. I painted it pink for another project but found the little poem while going through my stickers for the Love ticket. It says Love is the master key that unlocks the gates of happiness. –Author unknown.

January 31, 2011 On this one I used one of those little canvases that I got on clearance from Michaels. I covered it was sweater, stapled it to the back and then glued down the rosettes and topped it off with the rhinestones.

Kind of bland mantels, but I am using the top of my horizontal filing cabinet and the top of an old sewing machine so there isn’t that much room. When I have my own place again I will do better.

Photobucket  all crafts Handmade Projects ~ Add Yours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...