Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Double Holiday blocks

I found these really cute Halloween letters from Leelou’s Blog. I decided I wanted to make blocks with them. I also realized I could put Happy Halloween on one side and Merry Christmas on the other. I bought a piece of 1x4 and marked squares, my mom cut for me. Only thing was, I read the disclosure on the Halloween letters and the company put for personal use only. I will make me my own blocks with those letters later.
(I had during pictures but it appears when I uploaded the pictures from my two cameras yesterday one set over-road the other set. I hope there was nothing else important in there.)
I started off by painting the edges of the blocks a forest green. Then I covered one side of the block with a few different Halloween paper squares with Mod Podge. I cut out Happy Halloween on my Cricut and Mod Podged each letter on a different block. I flipped the blocks around and repeated the process with Christmas papers and Merry Christmas. I sanded down the edges. On the Halloween side I stamped the edges with a brown ink and on the Christmas side I went around the edges with Silver Extreme Glitter.
014
015
Easy project to get two holidays out of but the cutting and pasting of the papers and letters was rather time consuming.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I linked this up with

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...