In honor of my birthday I thought I would list 36 of my favorite things. Not necessarily in any order.
1. Mint Chocolate Chip from Baskin Robbins is my all time favorite ice cream. No one else’s mint chocolate chip compares.
2. A child’s laughter. Not the forced kind, not when they are laughing at the TV, but when they are really, truly laughing (like when being tickled).
3. Purple. Can’t you tell from my blog’s title? LOL. I love purple, but I have never decorated with it other than a pillow in my old office. I wanted to do my bedroom in purple, but it isn’t considered a soothing, relaxing color and I already have trouble sleeping so I follow feng shui a little bit.
5. Spitz Sunflower Seeds have less grainy salt so they don’t tear up the inside of your mouth as bad as the others. I never thought I would like the Dill Pickle flavored but they are my favorite. I had them at almost every baseball game.
6. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday (not because it is around my birthday) because when I was younger that was always the big family celebration. I always loved the big table of family gathering together. It doesn’t happen so much around here anymore. =(
7. My late grandmother’s pecan pie, topped with Cool Whip.
8. Snowmen décor (at Christmas time).
9. Decorating the house and tree for Christmas.
Sunsets in New Mexico, I took this one in Las Cruces.
Getting to travel to Ireland, many times, when I was a flight attendant.
Of all the beach towns we flew to, even Maui, I preferred San Juan, Puerto Rico for the beauty of the ocean and the beach.
Ryeley, Kota and Tosh. Labs. All the dogs that have been part of the family. These 3 sisters are the late members.
23. Nicholas Sparks. I have read and loved every one of his books.
24. My iPhone, iPad, iTunes. Apple rocks. Too bad they are so expensive.
25. Sappy chic flics. I love them. Better when they make you cry.
26. Singing along to songs I know, in the car where no one else can hear me except maybe my son.
27. OneRepublic, Linkin Park, Nickelback, Train, Savage Garden…some of my favorite songs come from these bands. But I don’t like the heavy stuff. More like Secrets and If Everyone Cared.
28. Searching through crafting magazines looking for inspiration.
29. Looking through Martha Stewart’s Living Magazine.
30. Watching all The Nanny reruns.
31. NCIS, Burn Notice, White Collar, The Good Wife, Castle, Private Practice (those are current favorite shows, of course they change when a show starts to get “old”, like Grey’s Anatomy, or if a show just disappears).
32. The clean baby after bath and lotion smell.
33. The smell of cookies baking.
34. My mom’s lasagna and manicotti.
35. Fresh cut flowers.
Happy Birthday to me and anyone else celebrating today (my cousin) and Happy Thanksgiving.