Friday, September 24, 2010

Sofa Table Redo

A few months ago my son and I had to move back into my parents.  For almost a year I have not had the desire to work on Brendan’s scrapbook, something I used to love.  I did, however, make a fall wreath, a Christmas candy cane wreath and a Valentine’s wreath.  My only creative work.  I decided to get into blogging and suddenly I have a creative itch.  I can’t make a huge mess in my mom’s house so I needed a solution.  I have a small desk and not a lot of room for a table.  So I decided to pull my sofa table out of storage and fix it so that I can easily wipe paint off of it.  I really like how it turned out. 
Before (except that I forgot to do a completely before, so this is after I started roughing it up)002
I roughed up the whole table, removed the knobs and took it upstairs.  I was going to use a lighter colored paper, but really liked the ones I used.  Mod Podge Gloss and paper later and  
IMG_0313
I am pretty sure I will be moving in the very near future so I didn’t put a layer of Mod Podge on the wood yet.  Will do that after moving.  Right now it is in the corner of the room my computer is in and I can start doing more work there.  Oh how I would love to have a bigger work area with lots of organization as well.  Some day.  Some day. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I linked this up at

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...