Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Eyes on You.. part 2

I told everyone last week about the eyeballs I printed from Flamingo Toes. I loved them. I shared part of my project with them before but finished the garland, finally. It was no easy feat punching holes with the little tiny hole puncher and stringing small ribbon through. I couldn’t find a normal size hole puncher anywhere in the house.
eyeball garland
Oops, you weren’t supposed to see the tape =). These were the eyes I had a hard time deciding how to finish. But basically I spray painted Gatorade lids black. I punched the eyes out with a 1 inch puncher and Mod Podged them on the lids. Then I went over the eyes with clear nail polish to “seal” them and then covered them with Dimensional Magic. They look very glossy.
I also did a fence with the eyes. I have a before picture and what I did to share with this in another post.
eyeball fence
And a candleholder
eyeball candle holder
After I adhered the $1 candle stick holder to the $1 candle holder with Beacon E600, I Mod Podged the eyeballs to the inside. Then I went over the whole inside with Mod Podge Sparkle and then Silver Extreme Glitter once the Sparkle dried. I only have a LED candle in there so nothing catches on fire.
There are some other things I want to do with the eyeballs but with the craft fair approaching quickly, I had to start on my Christmas and other items for the fair.
eyeball scene
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I linked up with
HookingupwithHoH
giveaways

  






    
  

5 comments:

  1. Love the eyes - they are so fun! Thanks for linking up to TOO Cute Tuesday!

    http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Stopping over from Wandering Wednesday. I've really enjoyed looking around your blog. I'm your newest follower.

    http://boyohboyohboycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. Means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project, my grandkids would love this.. might have to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...