Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wreaths, wreaths everywhere

I have made several wreaths in my time. (4 of which are in storage.) I have also seen a lot of wreaths out there in blogland the last few weeks by out of many different ingredients.
Fabric
motorcycle skull wreath 1
Madigan over at Madigan Made shared this on Tatertots and Jello.
Plastic

Wow is all I can say. That is a lot of plastic bottles I wouldn’t want to cut up, but Michele over at Michele Made Me sure did. And pulled it off with a bang.
Toothpicks

Ouch. I love this one but I sure wouldn’t want to have to move it to store or hang up. =) This was from Kristol over at The Magic of Ordinary Things.
Ribbon

Jen over at Tatertots and Jello put some time into this one.
Newspaper
Wreath17
Nice recycling from Malia at Yesterday on Tuesday.
Tulle is the ingredient I have wanted to use ever since I saw this one

I am really glad that Flamingo Toes shared to use the floral wreath form from Dollar Tree. They are nice and solid for only a $1.

Taylor-Ann at My Modish Mood used a embroidery hoop.

Tuesdee from Everyday is a Crafting Day made this look so simple.

I really like this one from Lindsey at Kindred Spirit Mommy. I have not seen those colors in the tulle rolls at JoAnns, Michael’s or Hobby Lobby. Guess I will have to check out ordering when I am ready to try this wreath again.

This is the first one I saw but I put it back in my memory file for later. Another simple looking one made by Courtney at Between U and Me.

After all this Inspiration (some of it before and some of it after I started mine) here is My Creation
011
I started with the nice $1 floral frame. Worked really well because it is stiff, not flaky and really sturdy. Not to mention that you can’t beat 1 buck. Even though it was recommended to use the tulle rolls, JoAnns barely had any colors. It just so happened that day tulle was 60% off. I got 4 yards of black and 4 yards of hot pink for a Valentine’s Day one for later. Cutting it wasn’t very easy though so I ended up with weird sizes. If you look closely you can tell it is all shorter on one side. The sign helped with that though. As I tied the tulle around the wreath I also wrapped the purple ribbon around and around. The plaque is from Walmart, another good buy for the perfect size. I painted it white and then covered that with Purple Extreme Glitter (my new love). 012I cut out the wicked with the Cricut in yellow cardstock paper and then went over it with black. Topped it all off with rhinestones. Then sprayed it with Acrylic sealer by Mod Podge. The little witch doll is from Hobby Lobby. I would check out Flamingo Toes for a good tutorial (but I didn’t use the boa).
013
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I linked this with


DIY Club
 
UndertheTableandDreaming                    Weekend Bloggy Reading                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...