Friday, October 1, 2010

Frankenstein and Spiders

IMG_0327I have been a busy bee. I have 2 things to share today.
I started out with this block of wood I found in the wood pile.IMG_0316_edited-1
Then I painted it a candy apple green.030
IMG_0327Some more painting, purple felt, white buttons, and 2 screws later, Frankenstein was born.
IMG_0336
When I said before that my dad had a lot of golf balls, I was understating it. There were even more out in a tub in the backyard. The yucky ones. I took one and drilled 8 little holes, stuck in some nails, sprayed it black and glued on little eyes. I think I will make sure I put some glue in with the nails on the next one and try to bend the legs. IMG_0339~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I linked up over at


and over at
 Weekend Bloggy Reading
and not to ever forget
Show and Tell Green

6 comments:

  1. Franky is cute and but your golf ball spider, now he makes me laugh. That's my kind of spider! If your dad has tons of golf balls you could also paint them black and write spooky words on them. {Or sent me some} I've been looking for a bunch of balls to do that with. I never even thought of golf balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And I LOVE the spider!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia, that is such a cute project!!! I am seeing more and more being done with blocks. Love it. :) Thanks so much for linking up with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The words on the balls is a great idea too. Thank you Sandra. I would totally send the golf balls to you if they wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to send. If you have a public golf course in town that has a area around it where you can walk, you would find lots there. Thank you Amanda, Lorie and Laura also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The spider is so creative! Thanks for linking up at my Halloween Party! :)

    - Megan
    www.polishthestars.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...